After years of planning, Destination Asia Japan is excited to announce that three multi-day itineraries and nine day-excursion products in Hokkaido are now available to book, with more to come later year. Visitors to Japan can now get away from the big cities and revel in nature while discovering first-hand the biodiversity of Japan’s unique natural environment.
Destination Asia Japan has been working to create tours within Hokkaido’s national park areas for years, however, the lack of guides and local operators made it difficult to provide quality services to our customers. Our local team were finally able to meet locally-based suppliers who are knowledgeable in both nature and sustainability.
Programmes available in Daisetsuzan include:
- Daisetsuzan National Park: Hiking Tour 6 Days
- Daisetsuzan National Park: Cycling Tour 7 Days
- Full-Day Higashikawa Cycling Tour
- Daisetsuzan National Park Tour: Full Day Mt. Asahidake Hiking
- Daisetsuzan National Park Tour: Full Day Nakadake Onsen Hiking
- Full-Day Ainu Culture & Mt. Arashiyama Hiking Tour
Programmes available in Shiretoko include:
- Eastern Hokkaido: Wildlife Adventure Tour 8 Days
- Half-Day Shiretoko National Park Tour from Utoro: Furepe Waterfall Nature Walk
- Half-Day Shiretoko National Park Tour from Utoro: A Hidden Waterfalls, “Tears of Man” Nature Walk
- Half-Day Shiretoko National Park Tour from Utoro: Wildlife Night Safari
- Half-Day Shiretoko National Park Tour from Utoro: Wildlife Watching Tour in Autumn
- Half-Day Shiretoko National Park Tour from Utoro: Steller’s Sea Eagle and Wildlife Watching Tour
The Adventure Tourism World Summit (ATWS) held last year in Hokkaido drew attention from the well-travelled across the world, despite taking place held virtually. According to the new year’s message announced by the president of Japan’s National Tourism Organization, they will promote adventure travels in 2022. The following year will also mark a special year in Japan’s tourism as ATWS is to be held in Hokkaido physically.
For more inspiration for your next trip to Japan, explore our dedicated, interactive Japan ebook.